Sunday, November 22, 2015

NEW NAME (& WEB ADDRESS), SAME GREAT LEAGUE!

I'm changing the name (and web address) for this page (and league).

OCTGN WAAAGH!!! is no more. The Black Crusade is here!!!

From now on, head over to http://blackcrusadeleague.blogspot.com
The old URL won't work. If you have the page bookmarked please change it!

So this is purely a personal, aesthetic and lore related choice. NOTHING ABOUT THE LEAGUE WILL CHANGE. I plan on running it in 2016 exactly the way I did for Summer and Fall 2015. We just wrapped our most successful season to date and I want to keep up, full steam ahead!

A bit of an explanation/confession....

*From a fluff standpoint Orks are my least favorite faction (No, I'm not hating on Orks from a gameplay standpoint - Etayway, BuzzsawMF, Elliot "Top 4" Nazdreg, I still love you guys)

*Chaos is my favorite faction

*In my humble opinion, unless you're an Ork, you sound like an idiot when you say "WAAAGH!!!"

*Many in this community have been nice enough to give me a platform to promote my league. I always found giving out the web address to be a giant pain in the rear. I had to spell out 4 0 K O C T G N W A A A G H.blogspot.com everytime.

*When user Sparty (who is no longer active in the community) came aboard to help me with the Spring Season he came up with the OCTGN WAAAGH!!! name and because that season's turnout was so high i just stuck with the name, even though I found it annoying from day 1.

*I like the sound of "The Black Crusade" better. I suppose there's something to be said for "brand recognition" but many/most of you just associate the league with me which I'm humbled by and thankful for), not OCTGN WAAAGH (I suspect this is because many of you also find it moderately dumb and/or annoying to say).

I look forward to a great 2016! I'm working on new prizes for the Top Cut. Let's grow this game!

I hope to see as many of you as possible next season. Registration open in about a month, 12/26/2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment